SEE WORKSHOP PAGE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
MACS Members will receive registration information in the mail soon. Others interested please email us at mailto:email@example.com and we will make sure you receive a copy of the registration.
“Activities & the New CMS Requirements for Participation (RoP)” with Cat Selman
This training is a 6-hour seminar detailing the numerous responsibilities of the Activities/Recreation departments as mandated in the new requirements. Here are the realities: more focus on Residents' Rights and Resident Council; more focus on services and programming provided for those who have dementia; more focus on abuse & neglect; more focus on person-centered care and choices; more focus on restraint and alarm-free techniques; more focus on the reduction of antipsychotics (psychotropics); more focus on care planning; more focus on quality of life; more focus on behavioral services; more focus on competency skills, training (qualifications), and sufficient staff; AND a new survey process is being introduced by CMS. We are seeing more deficiencies on programming, care planning and insufficient staff than we ever have before. Come and learn as Cat provides guidance on systemic facility process and survey focus, as well as compliance recommendations. Cat has a reputation for explaining difficult topics in an easily understood, "common-sense," manner, so we anticipate that this training will be in heavy demand. We encourage you to reserve seating for your team as soon as it is available!
- 1. At the end of this session, learner will be able to describe the federal regulations that relate to the activity/recreation department.
- 2. At the end of this session, learner will be able to describe activity responsibilities for dementia care.
- 3. At the end of this session, learner will be able to describe the activity department’s role in the reduction of antipsychotic medications.
- 4. At the end of this session, learner will be able to describe surveyor focus in the review of behavioral challenges.
- 5. At the end of this session, learner will be able to describe surveyor focus in regard to activity staff qualifications and competencies.