Lifestyle Coordinator - Full Time
Broadmead, Inc, 13801 York Rd., Cockeysville, MD 21030
Full Job Description Below;
Apply today by calling 410-527-1900 at asking for Human Resources or apply online at www.broadmead.org
Join our caring and compassionate team that make up the fabric of our community. As part of the Quaker values Broadmead appreciates the contribution of every individual employee. To reflect this, Broadmead offers competitive wages and generous benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid leave, and retirement plans.
This is a Full-time Coordinator (40 hrs) : 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Days of the week will vary - some evening hours, some week-ends and holidays
• Ensure appropriate program coverage for resident needs and preferences in assigned areas.
• Coordinates with Lifestyle Director (LS), and contractual programs on monthly calendar according to availability, interest of the residents and with input from the GNAs, Nurses, Social Work, Wellness, and other team members.
• Work in coordination with Bruck Fund staff as needed.
• Responsible for the completion of the Lifestyle portion of the Interdisciplinary Admission and Review Assessments to include Lifestyle Assessment, Care Plan and MDS, as well as, writing progress notes for Comprehensive Care in accordance with the department’s policies & procedures.
• Participate in care planning for each resident living in the assigned cluster and ensure residents’ preferences are incorporated into the care plan and communicate with interdisciplinary team, family, staff and companions. This includes attendance at weekly care plan meetings for assigned clusters.
• Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and equipment and determine purchase needs, food orders, and items for special functions, based on monthly calendar conferring with supervisor to assure costs are within the monthly budget.
• Ensures supplies are returned to proper locations at the end of each shift to ensure availability for next program.
• Ensure that program schedules/calendars are created with input from residents, GNAs, Social Work, Nurses and other team members, as well as, posted or displayed as outlined by department policies and procedures.
• Ensure necessary escorting and/or cueing for residents to and from scheduled or unscheduled activity locations.
• Supervise and mentor students and volunteers in their performance of services to residents as necessary.
• Maintain documentation of resident participation and satisfaction in groups, as well as, individual activities in defined systems used in Lifestyle program for Assisted Living and Comprehensive Care.
• Develop individualized, small group and large group activity programs designed according to individual / group preferences for Hallowell and Taylor Hall as assigned.
• Maintain awareness of current standards for Therapeutic Recreation/Activity Standards by attending seminars, workshops, and courses as available and appropriate.
• Attend scheduled departmental meetings as necessary.
• Support with the care of pet needs in the area, supervise Pets on Wheels, NCTD, and other pet visitors. Will be properly trained in procedures for all necessary tasks. Will provide documentation from doctor if cannot perform any of these tasks.Mail delivery and support for residents in Comprehensive Care
• Team building and mentor multi-disciplined departments.
• Support in escorting residents to outside spaces for programs.
• Attendance at job related training opportunities to support job performance and growth.
• Support with tracking in environments as assigned to include tasks such as refrigerator temperature monitoring, monitoring of supplies stored in resident spaces, tracking of technology such as Amazon devices and computers or others assigned.
• Perform additional duties and projects as directed by supervisor.
• Comprehensive knowledge of program planning and operation.
• Requires knowledge of person-centered care concepts and collaborative work environments.
• Effective leadership in new program development and implementation
• Effective communication with all program constituents associated with assigned Cluster
• Effective organizational skills to support the assessment and implementation of individualized daily schedules, preferences and programs for residents in the Comprehensive Care and Assisted Living environments.
• Comprehensive knowledge of group dynamics and human behavior practices.
• Requires the ability to work independently and with others.
• Requires the ability to work in a high paced, time sensitive environment to meet the needs of the residents and department.
• Requires proven ability to work with an interdisciplinary staff and residents in planning and coordinating programs.
• Requires the ability to relate well and adapt for elders who need various adaptions for concerns such as hearing, visual impairments, memory concerns and more.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and at least two years’ experience is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Communicates on an effective level (verbal and written) with residents and staff.
• General knowledge of budgeting for monitoring monthly expenses of current programs and for developing new programs.
• Utilization of technologies to include email, Microsoft office applications, internet skills, and specific technology use such as using voice activated technologies, tablets and touch screen computer are a plus.
• Has latitude to cope with most problems that could arise.
• Develops an inclusive problem solving process that includes representation from all voices affected by the concern.
• Ability to problem solve within scope of job responsibilities and develop solutions that are shared with team members to support needs of both residents and/or colleagues within situation.
• Confers with the Lifestyle Director on unusual issues.
• Works with Lifestyle Director on communication plan to resolve problem and provide awareness to Interdisciplinary team on the plan.
• Ensures the appropriate selection of activities for residents consistent with current care plans and corresponding with individualized resident daily schedule and preferences.
• Communicate effectively with all team members to ensure success of meeting needs and preferences of the residents.
• Participates in care planning for each resident living in the assigned cluster and ensures that residents’ preferences are incorporated into the care plan and communicated to appropriate team members with support of Lifestyle Director.
• Will be responsible for assisting other team members in their work in supporting residents to achieve their preferred schedule for that day
• Will work closely with the other Lifestyle Coordinator(s) in Comprehensive Care, supervisors in Comprehensive Care, the Director of Assisted Living and the Delegating Nurse and staff in Assisted Living in program implementation and evaluation of programs to ensure we are meeting the needs of all residents.
• Ensures necessary and required documentation completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
• Maximize effectiveness of activities through careful planning, implementation and follow-up on an ongoing basis.
Dependability and Initiative Expectations
• Reports to work each day on time and as scheduled.
• Participates in appropriate in-service education, meeting State and Activity related in-service requirements.
• Actively participates in required meetings, arriving on time unless prior arrangements have been made.
• Takes initiative in performing job as evidenced by offering new ideas, solutions, informing supervisor of potential problems/hazards, using time, equipment, and supplies efficiently, assuming extra duties willingly, and participating in educational programs to keep abreast of new developments, procedures, and technologies.
• Complies with organization’s policies and procedures.
Corporate Compliance Expectations
• Agrees to abide by the Standard of Community Excellence during my employment at Broadmead.
• Responsible for reporting any alleged or suspected violation of the Standards of Community Excellence.
• Adheres to the Organizations Policies & Procedures covering Privacy and Security in Compliance with HIPAA regulations.
Lifestyle Program Expectations
• You are committed to caring for the whole person, body, mind, and spirit.
• You embrace the resident lifestyle philosophy with the residents, their families, and those with whom you work.
• You recognize that your work makes a difference in the lives of those with whom you care.
• You realize that those with whom you care depend on you.
• You are committed to working as a team player.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
The Level of access to residents’ medical information will be determined based on the duties of their job and the employees will be trained on appropriate security levels.